6/28/2010

EPIC FAIL

Yesterday I had a good weigh-in in the morning as I mentioned in my previous post but I'm pretty sure I completely and totally already ruined any chance of this Sunday's weigh in being a good one by my actions yesterday.

I went to a bridal shower where I started by taking one glass and then a second of champagne punch(mistake #1), there were better options ie. bottled water, coffee etc. but I chose what was probably the worst option there. I then waited a bit and sauntered over to the appetizers choosing one coconut shrimp, a tomato/mozzerella slice and a antipasto skewer (mistake # 2), I hadn't even been hungry and certainly could have skipped one or all of these items. Shortly after the "real food" came out. Salad with lite balsamic dressing (my one good choice) chicken marsala (booooo), lasagna (double boooooo), mixed veggies dripping in butter and roasted potatoes (again boo)(mistakes 3,4,5 and 6). I also had a slice of cake. Maybe I should be proud of myself for skipping the eclairs but I'm not.
So all those mistakes I probably could have handled and moved past but folks I had yet another event planned in the evening.

Today's hubby's 33rd bday so last night we went to my parents house for a family cook out to celebrate. I made a carrot cake (hubs fave) and the menu was cheeseburgers (I had 1), hot dogs (again I had 1), cheese tortellini (I had a small scoop), macaroni salad(I had a small scoop), salad (I had a large scoop) are you noticing a trend? I ate some of everything there including a few chips and dip, cake and ice cream and who know's there's probably something else I'm forgetting......all this equals a complete and total FAIL ----- of epic proportions. I honestly didn't even finish tracking my food yesterday because I got to 2500 calories and quit. I didn't even want to think how high the number really must be.

I'm trying to not let it get to me and have went back to positive habits today, eating within my calories and taking my son for a combined 95 minutes worth of walks today, but the scale doesn't look pretty and I'm pretty sure there won't be any kind of loss this week. Honestly at this point the scales showing back around 181.5 and I'll be absolutely thrilled if I can get it back down to the 170's by Sunday.

Soooooo the plan is waterwaterwater, as musch exercise as I can get in and healthy calorie intake for the rest of the week.

Wish me luck......

P.S. I'm hoping to get my followers up because I've got a few things I'd like to do a giveaway when I reach 25 so if anyone has suggestions on how to gain some new followers please let me know :)
Thanks!

7 comments:

Sam said...

First of all, forgive yourself. You've acknowledged that your choices were not the best. Now stop beating yourself up over it. Pick your self up and eat clean tomorrow too. We all make mistakes, and as long as we don't ignore them, it's okay. It's when we ignore and rationalize them that we get into trouble. Tomorrow get your self a lemon and squeeze it into warm water and sip on it all day. Just one lemon though (it can eat the enamel on your teeth if you do it too often). This will help reduce any water retention you may have going on.

As for gaining followers I have three suggestions. One, leave lots and lots and lots and lots of comments on others blogs. They'll start to follow you. And two, don't be afraid to invite people to come visit your blog. And three - The other thing you can do is to join challenges. These are great because you link up with other weight loss blogs. I did this and got like 15 followers from one challenge. Come to my blog (www.believeinyourself1.blogspot.com) and on the left side bar there is a section called Weight Loss Support - Blog Style. There are three links there to challenges - sign up! Their free and are a great way to meet people.

Hang in there, this won't be your last mistake, unless you let it be by stopping right now. If you do that, then food wins. Don't let that happen - YOU win!!!

Sam said...

Duh, I just noticed that you are already a part of two of the challenges - good!! Join HYC (get the link on my blog), that is the one I got the most followers from!

Michelle said...

Sam,
Thanks for all the suggestions and pep talk :) II took you suggestions and joined the healthy you challenge through the button on your page, I've seen those buttons on peoples pages but had never clicked over to the site for some reason.

karen said...

It may sound crazy, but the "epic fail" of the shower and birthday may end up working in your favor in a couple of ways. First, it could have made your metabolism sit up and go "what the heck?" and shaking up your metabolism once in a while is actually a good thing. Mostly, though, you'll probably be so much more focused for the rest of the week ... I know that's typically how it works for me! Good luck!!!

Oh. And as for the getting more followers? From time to time I "pimp" blogs I feel worthy and as a result a bunch of my followers migrate ...

You're getting pimped ;)

Unknown said...

Really nice suggestions , Thank you for all advice , this is really use full for those people who is always worried about their fitness.
Looking forworad for your more suggetions.

yoga clothing

Lindsay said...

I'm new-ish! :) I look forward to stalking you... err.. I mean READING you! :)

The Fat Foreigner said...

It's only Tuesday/Wednesday (I don't know what timezone you're on), a couple of bad days does not a ruin make. You've recognised that you made mistakes, you're going to exercise, don't beat yourself up over it!

Post a Comment