The other thing I have going on is starting January 1st, I'm not only going to be attempting to lose my body fat I'm also going to be attempting to get my household to be more financially fit, following Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. I've done some reading and his approach makes alot of sense to me. Has anyone done this and have any feedback or suggestions?
Since we're technically 3 days into the gift swap I got to open not one, not two but three gifts today - wooooohoo :)
While I took pictures of gifts 2 and 3, gift #1 was partially liberated by my hubby before I was able to take a picture.
Day 1's gift was two bags of peanut m&m's(one dark chocolate and one regular) The regular were on the counter for just a moment before being grabbed by the hubby who insisted on "trying them". The dark chocolate ones were promptly poured into this cute little guy
It didn't take me long to rip into my next gift which was the awesome set of cookie cutters pictured below. These are perfect since I bake with my daughter all the time, and actually only have like 3 cookie cutters for the holidays and they're huge. I love that these are smaller and make much more reasonably portioned cookies.
I'm hoping that Lyndsay likes her gifts as much as I like mine and I can;t wait for day 4 tomorrow.
Yesterday I headed to NYC with one of my friends for the day. The plan was there was no plan :) We were going to see how the day went and enjoy whatever came to us. We hopped on the Metro Morth train from New Haven to Grand Central around 10, arriving just about 12 and promptly realized we were both starving. Now mind you I haven't been into Manhattan in years and I knew there was going to be no good choices made on the eating front yesterday. We ate lunch at the Heartland Brewery, shared a quesadilla appetizer, had two mixed drinks and a chopped salad for lunch. Then headed out for some shopping, followed by more drinks, more shopping, an appetizer, drinks, and then dinner. We did get a chance to have a drink at the Igloo Bar at Rockerfeller Center where we got to watch people ice skatig and actually saw a marriage proposal....awwwww. Here's a few pictures from the day :)
I would be posting my gift swap pictures today except it appears that the USPS is holding my gift swap partners package hostage and I've decided that until I know Lyndsay receives hers their will be no opening on this side either. I shipped it Thursday and I feel awful that it hasn't gotten their yet. I've got my fingers crossed it will finally arrive to her tomorrow.
Thats it for now, I'm hoping the Nyquil I just took will guarantee me some good sleep tonight. Until tomorrow, sweet dreams.
I'm on track so far today for eating but haven't done any real exercise since I spent most of the morning getting caught up on laundry and dishes. I'm not sure I'll get in any either since there's half days at school this week for my daughter which limits my me time alot.
Here is a list of the particulars that you need to know if you plan to participate:
* You must have a blog to participate! It's important because participants will be asked to post about the event on their blogs too. We want to see what everyone receives! :)
* This swap is only open to bloggers in the US. I heart my international friends, but shipping will be too complicated at this time of year. We should have come up with this idea sooner, right? ;)
* Don't be cheap! The gifts don't need to be expensive! They just need to be thoughtful and fun to receive. Fill the package with gifts that you'd like to receive. :) Think about how you want to feel when you open your package, and add a little "wow" to your gifts. You get the idea, right?
Here are some ideas in case you need examples:
~your favorite lotion
~favorite candy or healthy food item
Find out things about your partner...this is also supposed to help you gain friends :) Have tons of fun with it!
* Each gift MUST be individually wrapped. You can number the gifts so your partner knows what to open each day or just write a note that it's okay to open them in any order.
* The package must be mailed out by Thursday, December 9...so that they can start opening their 12 days of Christmas on the 13th...please don't be that person that sends it late...